Causes of headache and treatment, It is one of the common diseases that afflict many people daily, as it is a feeling of discomfort and it may reach situations that are never tolerated and can disrupt your daily life and there are types of it, all of which cause discomfort.
There are many simple things that can relieve pain without going to the doctor or pharmacy. Try these tips and home remedies and you will feel better quickly without effort. Without resorting to chemical drugs that work to relieve symptoms of headache.
Causes of headache and treatment
Cold or hot compress
• If you have a migraine, put something cold on your forehead. Ice cubes wrapped in a towel, or anything frozen, keep the ice and apply pressure on your head for 15 minutes, then take a 15-minute break, and also bathing in cold water may reduce headache pain.
• If you suffer from tension headaches, place a heating pad on your neck or the bottom of your head.
• If you have a sinus headache, apply a warm cloth to the area that hurts.
A warm bath may also ease the pain.
The lights dimmed
- Bright or dim light, even from a computer screen, may cause a migraine.
- If you are prone to it, cover your window with heavy curtains during the day.
- Wear sunglasses outdoors.
- You can also add anti-brightness screens to your computer
Try not to chew gum
Many believed that chewing gum reduces headaches, but this is not true. Chewing gum can harm not only the jaw, but your head as well.
The same goes for chewing on your nails, lips, or items like pens.
Avoid sticky and crunchy foods, and make sure to eat small pieces.
Get some caffeine
Have some tea, coffee, or something with a little caffeine.
If you get it early in the day, it can relieve the pain of a headache.
Over-the-counter pain relievers can also help.
Just don’t drink too much because caffeine withdrawal can cause some kind of headache.
Ginger for headache
A small recent study found that taking ginger, in addition to your regular pain medication or over-the-counter pain reliever, might provide pain relief in people with migraines.
Ginger root contains many beneficial compounds, including antioxidants and anti-inflammatory substances.
Causes of headache and treatment, In addition, it helps reduce nausea, vomiting, and common symptoms associated with severe headaches.
You can take the ginger powder in capsule form or make a tea with fresh ginger root.
A few minutes of massaging your neck or head can help relieve stress headaches.
Stretching, meditation or progressive muscle relaxation during a headache can also help relieve pain. Causes of headache and treatment You may talk to your doctor about physical therapy if you are experiencing muscle spasms in your neck.
Follow these tips when you get a headache and you will get better very quickly and you will not feel tired from it.